- 500 gGround Lamb
- 1 pcsOnion (finely chopped)
- 2 clovesGarlic (minced)
- 1 tbspTomato Paste
- 1 tspPaprika
- 1 tspGround Cumin
- 1 tspGround Coriander
- 1/2 tspChili Flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for grilling
- 1In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, chopped onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, paprika, cumin, coriander, chili flakes (if using), salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- 2Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- 3Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- 4Divide the meat mixture into equal portions and shape them into long, flat kebab patties, approximately 1.5 cm thick.
- 5Brush the kebab patties with olive oil on both sides to prevent sticking.
- 6Place the kebab patties on the preheated grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are well-charred and cooked through.
- 7Remove the Adana kebabs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- 8Serve the Adana kebabs hot with traditional accompaniments such as pita bread, grilled vegetables, yogurt, and a side of salad.
Adana Kebab, a mouthwatering Turkish dish that will transport you to the streets of Adana, renowned for its rich culinary heritage. This recipe combines succulent ground lamb with aromatic spices, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you craving for more.
To prepare Adana Kebab, you will need 500 grams of ground lamb, finely chopped onion, minced garlic, tomato paste, paprika, ground cumin, ground coriander, chili flakes (optional), salt, and pepper. These ingredients come together to form a well-seasoned meat mixture, bursting with traditional Turkish flavors.
The process begins by mixing the ground lamb, onion, garlic, tomato paste, and a blend of spices in a bowl. This mixture is then refrigerated to allow the flavors to develop and meld together. After marinating, the kebab patties are shaped and brushed with olive oil to enhance their succulence and prevent sticking.
Grilling is the preferred cooking method for Adana Kebab, as it imparts a delectable smoky char to the meat. The kebabs are cooked on a medium-high heat grill, flipped to ensure even cooking, until they achieve a perfect caramelized exterior and a juicy, tender interior. The aroma that fills the air as the kebabs sizzle on the grill is simply irresistible.
Once cooked to perfection, the Adana Kebabs are ready to be savored. Serve them hot with traditional accompaniments like warm pita bread, grilled vegetables, creamy yogurt, and a refreshing side salad. The combination of textures and flavors will take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply indulging in a culinary adventure, Adana Kebab is a delightful choice. With its unique blend of spices and the succulent taste of grilled lamb, this dish is sure to captivate the hearts and palates of your guests.
Unleash the flavors of Turkey with Adana Kebab and enjoy a taste experience that is both exotic and comforting. Embrace the spirit of Turkish cuisine and savor every bite of this beloved dish that brings people together around the table.