- 12 pcsCorn Tortillas
- 1 cupSalsa Verde
- 1 cupChicken (cooked, shredded)
- 1/2 cupOnion (diced)
- 1/4 cupCilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cupQueso Fresco (crumbled)
- 2 tbspVegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- Optional toppings: sour cream, sliced avocado, sliced radishes
- 1Cut the tortillas into triangles and set aside.
- 2Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Fry the tortilla triangles in batches until crispy and golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 4In the same skillet, sauté the diced onion until translucent.
- 5Add the salsa verde to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- 6Add the cooked shredded chicken to the salsa verde and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- 7Add the fried tortilla triangles to the skillet and gently toss to coat them in the salsa verde mixture. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to soften the tortillas slightly.
- 8Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and crumbled queso fresco.
- 9Season with salt to taste and toss gently to combine all the ingredients.
- 10Serve the chilaquiles warm, topped with sour cream, sliced avocado, and sliced radishes if desired.
Chilaquiles, a traditional Mexican dish that will transport your taste buds to culinary paradise. This recipe combines crispy tortilla chips, tangy salsa verde, melted cheese, and a variety of savory toppings, creating a symphony of textures and tastes that will leave you craving more.
Whether you’re a fan of spicy or mild flavors, Chilaquiles can be customized to suit your preferences. Add tender shredded chicken, creamy refried beans, or diced avocado for an extra layer of richness. Top it off with a dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice for a burst of freshness.
This versatile dish can be served for breakfast, brunch, or even as a satisfying dinner option. It’s perfect for feeding a hungry crowd or enjoying a comforting meal on your own. The recipe serves 4 people, but you can easily adjust the quantities to accommodate more or fewer guests.
Preparing Chilaquiles is a breeze. With just 10 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes of cooking time, you’ll have a mouthwatering dish ready to be devoured. The simplicity of the recipe makes it accessible to both novice and experienced cooks, allowing everyone to enjoy the flavors of Mexico in the comfort of their own kitchen.
Discover the true essence of Mexican cuisine with Chilaquiles. This flavorful dish is a celebration of bold spices, vibrant colors, and the richness of authentic ingredients. From the first bite to the last, every mouthful is a sensory delight that will transport you to the sunny streets of Mexico. Get ready to savor the irresistible combination of flavors and embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you wanting more.