- 500 gDried White Beans (such as cannellini or navy beans)
- 2 pcsOnion (medium, finely chopped)
- 3 clovesGarlic (minced)
- 2 pcsTomatoes (medium, diced)
- 2 tbspTomato Paste
- 2 tbspOlive Oil
- 1 tspPaprika
- 1 tspGround Cumin
- 2-3 cupWater (or as needed)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1Rinse the dried white beans under cold water and soak them in a large bowl of water overnight, or for at least 8 hours. Drain and rinse the soaked beans before cooking.
- 2In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add the minced garlic to the pot and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- 4Stir in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, cooking for another 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- 5Add the soaked and drained white beans to the pot, along with enough water to cover the beans by about 2 inches.
- 6Season the mixture with paprika, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper, stirring to combine.
- 7Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the stew simmer, partially covered, for about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the beans are tender and the stew has thickened to your desired consistency. Stir occasionally and add more water if needed to prevent the stew from drying out.
- 8Once the beans are cooked through and the stew has reached your desired thickness, taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- 9Serve the Kuru Fasulye hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for extra heat if desired, and lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the stew. Enjoy it with crusty bread or rice for a hearty and satisfying meal.
- 10Enjoy your authentic Turkish Kuru Fasulye, a comforting and flavorful dish that's perfect for sharing with family and friends. A true taste of Turkish cuisine!
This traditional Turkish white bean stew is a favorite comfort food, known for its rich flavors and substantial textures. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a home cook eager to branch out into international cuisine, our simple recipe will transport your taste buds to Istanbul’s bustling streets. Join us as we reveal the secrets of making the ideal bowl of Kuru Fasulye, guaranteed to delight your senses and satisfy your appetites for traditional Turkish cuisine.
Turkish cuisine is based on a great respect for fresh ingredients, robust spices, and healthful cooking techniques. Our Kuru Fasulye recipe adheres to these characteristics, with soft white beans cooked in a fragrant tomato broth flavored with aromatic onions, garlic, and a blend of traditional Turkish spices. What was the result? A warm and nutritious stew that is as good for the soul as it is for the taste buds.
One of the appeals of Turkish cuisine is its simplicity, which allows the inherent flavors of the ingredients to shine through. With just a few pantry supplies and some patience, you can make a tasty pot of Kuru Fasulye to share with family and friends. Whether served as a robust main course or a warm side dish, our recipe is sure to create an impact on everyone who tries it.
Food in Turkey is more than just a source of nutrition; it is a celebration of culture, traditions, and hospitality. With our Kuru Fasulye recipe, you may bring a sense of Turkish warmth and friendliness to your own home. So gather your loved ones, roll up your sleeves, and prepare to experience the rich flavors and fragrances of this popular Turkish favorite. From our kitchen to yours, we encourage you to share the joy of creating and eating a delicious meal prepared with love. Thank you for your support! (Good appetite!)