- 1 poundPizza Dough
- 1/2 cupTomato Sauce
- 8 ozMozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- Basil Leaves
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1Preheat your oven to the highest temperature (usually around 500°F or 260°C). Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven to heat up.
- 2On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a round shape to your desired thickness. Transfer the dough to a pizza peel or the back of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 3Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges. Be careful not to overload the pizza with sauce to prevent a soggy crust.
- 4Arrange the slices of fresh mozzarella on top of the sauce. Tear a few basil leaves and scatter them over the cheese.
- 5Drizzle a little olive oil over the pizza and sprinkle some salt to enhance the flavors.
- 6Carefully transfer the pizza to the preheated pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven.
- 7Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- 8Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Slice it into wedges and serve hot.
Indulge in the classic flavors of Pizza Margherita, a beloved Italian dish that showcases the simplicity and quality of its ingredients. This iconic pizza features a thin and crispy crust topped with vibrant tomato sauce, slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, and fragrant basil leaves.
To make Pizza Margherita, start by preheating your oven to the highest temperature, ensuring a hot and crispy crust. Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness, creating a round shape that will serve as the base for the delicious toppings.
Next, spread a layer of tomato sauce over the dough, ensuring an even distribution while leaving a small border around the edges. The tomato sauce serves as the foundation of flavor, adding a tangy and savory element to each bite.
Arrange slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, allowing them to melt and become gooey during baking. The combination of creamy mozzarella and tangy tomato sauce creates a harmonious balance that is both comforting and satisfying.
Enhance the aromatic profile of the pizza by tearing fresh basil leaves and scattering them over the cheese. This herb adds a delightful freshness and herbaceous note, elevating the overall taste experience.
A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of salt complete the Pizza Margherita, enhancing the flavors and adding a touch of richness.
Bake the pizza in the preheated oven until the crust turns golden brown and crispy, and the cheese becomes bubbly and slightly browned. The tantalizing aroma that fills your kitchen will make it hard to resist digging into the delicious masterpiece.
Slice the Pizza Margherita into wedges and serve it piping hot, savoring the delightful combination of flavors with each bite. This classic pizza is perfect for sharing with family and friends, creating a memorable meal that captures the essence of Italian cuisine.