- 400 gSpaghetti
- 200 gBacon (diced)
- 3 pcsEgg (large, plus 1 egg yolk)
- 1 cupParmesan Cheese (grated)
- 2 clovesGarlic (minced)
- 2 tbspExtra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Note: Spaghetti carbonara is best enjoyed immediately after cooking to ensure the creamiest texture. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, although the sauce may thicken upon reheating.
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water, then drain the spaghetti and set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced pancetta or bacon and cook until crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- 3In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, and grated Parmesan cheese until well combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 4Return the skillet with the cooked pancetta or bacon to low heat. Add the drained spaghetti to the skillet and toss to coat in the rendered fat.
- 5Remove the skillet from heat and quickly pour the egg and cheese mixture over the spaghetti, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from scrambling. The residual heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs and create a creamy sauce.
- 6If the sauce is too thick, gradually add the reserved pasta cooking water, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- 7Serve the spaghetti carbonara immediately, garnished with freshly chopped parsley and extra grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy it piping hot as a deliciously indulgent main course.
- 8Buon appetito! (Enjoy your meal!)
Take your taste buds on a trip to Italy with this delicious Spaghetti Carbonara dish. This well-liked Italian staple is well-known for its rich tastes, creamy texture, and decadent pancetta, eggs, and cheese combo. Our simple recipe will take your taste senses to the busy streets of Rome, where the scent of sizzling pancetta and garlic fills the air, regardless of your experience level in the kitchen. Come along as we share the techniques for making the ideal dish of spaghetti carbonara, which is sure to become a mainstay in your kitchen.
The secret to a delicious spaghetti carbonara dish is a straightforward yet excellent component mix. Start with well cooked pasta that is al dente, ready to absorb the rich sauce. Next, add some savory flavor to the meal by crisping up some chopped pancetta or bacon in a skillet until golden brown and aromatic. Whisk eggs, egg yolks, and grated Parmesan cheese together to form a smooth sauce that envelops every pasta strand in a decadent layer of creaminess. To add a pop of color and freshness, sprinkle chopped parsley and freshly ground black pepper on top.
The key to making the perfect spaghetti carbonara is time and skill. To make a smooth sauce later, start by boiling the spaghetti until it’s just al dente, saving some of the noodle cooking water. In the meantime, add the minced garlic to the pancetta or bacon once it has become crispy to provide another flavorful layer. Add the cooked spaghetti, pancetta, and garlic. Stir in the egg and cheese combination, making sure the pasta’s residual heat cooks the eggs until they are creamy. Your Spaghetti Carbonara is now ready to serve, just top with a dash of parsley and a good pinch of black pepper.
Serve your freshly made spaghetti carbonara hot and topped with more Parmesan cheese for a decadent touch. With the creamy sauce adhering to the freshly cooked pasta and the crunchy pancetta offering a pleasant contrast, every forkful is a symphony of tastes and textures. Enjoy our delicious Spaghetti Carbonara dish as a festive supper with friends and family or as a quiet weekday dinner that will tantalize your senses and leave you wanting more.
Elevate your cooking at home with traditional Italian ingredients, and savor the sumptuous comfort of Carbonara pasta. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can confidently and easily make this cherished meal, wowing your loved ones with your culinary skills. So prepare your ingredients, sharpen your knives, and enjoy the unparalleled flavor of real Italian comfort cuisine. Salutations!